Friday 5 October 2007

#2 in MPH !

MPH Local Non-Fiction Bestseller List
For the week ending 30th September 2007:

1. In Good Faith: Articles, Essays and Interviews
Author : Zaid Ibrahim.
RM 30.00

2. Malaysian Politicians Say the Darndest Things (Vol. 1)
Author : Amir Muhammad
RM 30.00

3. Confessions of an Old Boy: The Dato' Hamid Adventures
Author : Kam Raslan
RM 32.00

4. Eh! Wat Yu Talking?: Chronicles of Malay Humor
Author : Syed Ali Tawfik Al-Attas
RM 12.90

5. As I Was Passing
Author : Adibah Amin
RM 32.90

6. I am Muslim
Author : Dina Zaman
RM 30.00

7. The Unmaking of Malaysia: Insider's Reminiscenes of UMNO, Razak and Mahathir
Author : Ahmad Mustapha Hassan
RM 38.00

8. The AirAsia Story: How a Young Airline Made It Possible for Everyone to Fly and Become a Runaway Success
Author : Sen Ze; Jayne Ng
RM 31.92

9. Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires
Author : Adam Khoo
RM 49.90

10. The Certain Way to Life's Riches
Author : Peter Yee; Alexandra Ng
Our Price : RM 31.92


Random observations:

1. I am kept off the top post by an actual Malaysian politician!

2. The book at #3 is a word of fiction lah. Hello?

3. One way to become a self-made millionaire is to write a book on the topic and charge almost 50 bucks.

4. I wonder why the authors in the top 7 all seem to share the same religion.

5. The authors in the bottom 3 all want to help you get rich.


It's nice to know that my old friend Faisal Tehrani is #2 on the Fiction list, too. I will not read his novel soon because I am only reading fiction by dead authors at the mo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tahniah :)

constant drama said...

Hahahahah!! I love your random observations, they are soo witty.

Anyways I made plans to go and see you at the Attic tomorrow regarding your book- which I found to be very toungue in cheek- but stuff came up so I cant. Chech.

Anyways, have fun at the book club.