Wednesday 21 May 2008

New word from Lingam report

I just finished reading the main part of the Royal Commission report on the VK Lingam scandal (see Malaysiakini for more info) and I am glad that I learned a new word. Perhaps you know it already:

recuse (v.)/ recusal (n.)

Page 10 alone will give you a strong clue what it means:


All fifty available copies of the report were sold out in half an hour. And the report cost over RM500 each!

Strictly within the confines of its genre, it's quite a badass report and much more entertaining that the government's white paper on the BMF scandal in the 1980s (which I could neither understand nor finish, such a himbo is me). This page (96) is one of my favourites:


The idea of a 'Lingam' being 'emasculated'! Never ever ever let it be said that Malaysia lacks material for satirical fiction.

3 comments:

Oleh admin Bebas Malaysia said...

First time ever....Atlast....Dengan harapan Malaysia kita makmur dan sejahtera..Lesu hati kalau kita terikat dengan sistem yang korup lagi basi....;p

Anonymous said...

Hi!
How were you able to open the PDF file? I got an error when trying to open it.

Thanks

Amir Muhammad said...

I tried it again and it's just fine. Perhaps you need to reinstall Adobe Reader?