Monday 10 September 2007
As you may have gathered by now (ahem!) the book Malaysian Politicians Say the Darndest Things will be launched this Sunday, 3-5pm, at Gallery One, The Annexe Central Markket.
You may not know that on that same day, we will also be selling the book at the following venues:
- Laundry Bar The Curve & The Attic Bangsar (after midnight)
- Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall (in the afternoon, during the launch of the Chinese version of the May 13 book)
- KLPac (in the afternoon, before the 3pm play)
- Amcorp Mall flea market (10am-5pm)
- Plaza Kiara flea market (10am-5pm)
The launch-day price is RM20 because for the first print run of 1,000, I am not going through a distributor. Sales from literally the day after that, in bookstores (assuming bookstores want it!) will be RM30 because I have to share the moolah with others.
As for the Annexe launch itself, there are four bonus features:
* No speeches by VIPs but there will be readings.
* The simultaneous launch of the artist Shahril Nizam’s book If Only.
* Exhibition of Malaysian politicians by Danny Lim and Hishamuddin Rais.
* Gifts for the first 50 buyers.
There will be no food or drinks, not so much because it is Ramadhan but because we can’t afford it. This is a no-frills launch. Besides, unlike most book launches, it is open to everyone.
In the meantime, there are 41 copies still earmarked for postal pre-orders within Malaysia (Maybank2u to 014105120512 and postal address to email@example.com). Orders need to be received by this Thursday night.
Let’s see how many copies we can sell by the end of the launch day ☺